Densen customized Metal Bellows Clamp Type Spring flexible shaft Coupling for Step Motor
|Product Name||Metal Bellows Clamp Type Spring flexible shaft Coupling for Step Motor|
|Rated Torque||25~25000 N·m|
|Allowable speed||15300~1500 N·m|
|Material||35CrMo/ZG270/45# steel/Aluminum alloy|
|Application||Widely used in metallurgy, mining, engineering and other fields.|
Typical case of diaphragm coupling applied to variable frequency speed control equipment
JMB type coupling is applied to HangZhou Oilfield Thermal Power Plant
According to the requirements of HangZhou Electric Power Corporation, HangZhou Oilfield Thermal Power Plant should dynamically adjust the power generation according to the load of the power grid and market demand, and carry out the transformation of the frequency converter and the suction fan. The motor was originally a 1600KW, 730RPM non-frequency variable speed motor matched by HangZhou Motor Factory. The speed control mode after changing the frequency is manual control. Press the button speed to increase 10RPM or drop 10RPM. The coupling is still the original elastic decoupling coupling, and the elastic de-coupling coupling after frequency conversion is frequently damaged, which directly affects the normal power generation.
It is found through analysis that in the process of frequency conversion speed regulation, the pin of the coupling can not bear the inertia of the speed regulation process (the diameter of the fan impeller is 3.3 meters) and is cut off, which has great damage to the motor and the fan.
Later, they switched to the JMB460 double-diaphragm wheel-type coupling of our factory (patent number: ZL.99246247.9). After 1 hour of destructive experiment and more than 1 year of operation test, the equipment is running very well, and there is no Replace the diaphragm. 12 units have been rebuilt and the operation is in good condition.
Other Application Case
Packaging & Shipping
Can flexible couplings be used in applications with high shock and impact loads?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in applications with high shock and impact loads. In fact, they are specifically designed to absorb and dampen shock loads, making them well-suited for such challenging environments. Here’s how flexible couplings handle high shock and impact loads:
- Material Flexibility: Flexible couplings are made from materials with high elasticity and flexibility, such as elastomers (rubber-like materials) or metal alloys. When a shock load is applied, these materials can deform temporarily, absorbing the impact energy and preventing it from transmitting to the connected equipment.
- Vibration Damping: Shock loads often generate vibrations that can be harmful to the equipment. Flexible couplings with vibration-damping properties can further mitigate the effects of shock loads by absorbing and dissipating the vibration energy, reducing the stress on the machinery.
- Design Features: Some flexible couplings are specifically engineered with features to handle high shock loads. These may include reinforced structures, enhanced damping characteristics, or additional support to withstand the sudden forces generated by impacts.
- Load Distribution: Flexible couplings help distribute the shock load more evenly across the flexible elements or components, preventing localized stress concentrations that could lead to component failure.
- Resilience: The flexibility and resilience of the coupling material allow it to return to its original shape after the shock load has dissipated. This ability to recover from deformation ensures that the coupling can continue to accommodate misalignment and transmit torque effectively.
- Protection of Connected Equipment: By absorbing shock loads, flexible couplings protect the connected equipment from sudden and severe impacts, reducing the risk of damage or premature failure of critical components.
Applications with high shock and impact loads can be found in various industries, including mining, construction, material handling, and heavy machinery. Flexible couplings provide an essential role in maintaining the reliability and longevity of the equipment in these demanding environments.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with high shock and impact loads, it is crucial to consider the specific requirements and operating conditions. Consulting with the coupling manufacturer or a qualified engineer can ensure the proper coupling is chosen to meet the unique challenges of the application.
Can flexible couplings be used in the aerospace industry for critical applications?
Flexible couplings can be used in the aerospace industry for certain critical applications, but their usage is limited and carefully considered due to the stringent requirements and safety standards in the aerospace field. Here are some key points to consider:
- Specific Applications: In the aerospace industry, flexible couplings are primarily used in non-flight-critical systems or non-safety-critical applications. They are commonly found in auxiliary equipment, ground support systems, and non-flight propulsion systems.
- Weight and Space Constraints: Weight and space are crucial factors in aerospace applications. Flexible couplings must be lightweight and compact to minimize the impact on the overall weight and size of the aircraft or spacecraft.
- High Reliability Requirements: Aerospace systems demand high reliability and fault tolerance. Flexible couplings used in critical applications must meet stringent reliability standards and undergo rigorous testing and certification to ensure their performance under extreme conditions.
- Material Selection: Aerospace-grade materials are necessary to withstand the demanding environment of aerospace applications. These materials should have high strength-to-weight ratios, corrosion resistance, and excellent mechanical properties to handle the stresses and forces experienced during operation.
- Certifications: Flexible couplings used in the aerospace industry must adhere to specific certifications and standards, such as those set by organizations like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States or the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in Europe.
- Redundancy and Safety Measures: In critical systems, redundancy and safety measures are paramount. Flexible couplings used in aerospace applications must be designed with redundancy features to ensure the system’s continued functionality in the event of a failure.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Aerospace systems experience a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions. Flexible couplings must be able to operate reliably in extreme temperatures, high altitudes, and other challenging environments encountered during flight or space missions.
While flexible couplings have their place in certain aerospace applications, flight-critical and safety-critical systems typically rely on rigid, precision-engineered couplings. These rigid couplings offer higher levels of torque transmission and precision but require careful alignment and installation.
Ultimately, the selection of flexible couplings for aerospace applications must undergo a thorough engineering evaluation and be approved by the relevant regulatory authorities to ensure the highest level of safety and performance in critical aerospace systems.
What industries commonly use flexible couplings for power transmission?
Flexible couplings are widely used in various industries for power transmission and motion control applications. Their ability to accommodate misalignment, dampen vibrations, and protect equipment from shock loads makes them valuable components in many industrial processes. Here are some of the industries that commonly utilize flexible couplings:
- Manufacturing: Flexible couplings are extensively used in manufacturing industries such as automotive, aerospace, electronics, and consumer goods production. They play a critical role in transmitting power between motors and various machinery, including conveyor systems, robots, and assembly lines.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, flexible couplings are used in pumps, compressors, turbines, and generators. They help transfer power in offshore platforms, refineries, pipelines, and drilling operations while compensating for the dynamic nature of these applications.
- Power Generation: Power plants, both conventional and renewable, rely on flexible couplings to transmit power from turbines and generators to electrical generators. They are used in coal-fired, natural gas, nuclear, hydroelectric, and wind power plants.
- Mining: In mining operations, flexible couplings are employed in various equipment, including conveyor systems, crushers, and large industrial pumps. They are designed to withstand the heavy loads and harsh conditions commonly found in mining environments.
- Marine: Flexible couplings are essential in marine propulsion systems, connecting engines to propellers or water jets. They also find use in shipboard machinery, auxiliary systems, and offshore applications.
- Pulp and Paper: The pulp and paper industry relies on flexible couplings in machinery used for wood processing, pulp production, papermaking, and printing processes.
- Chemical and Petrochemical: In chemical plants and petrochemical refineries, flexible couplings are utilized in pumps, mixers, agitators, and other rotating equipment to ensure efficient power transmission and protect sensitive machinery.
- Construction: The construction industry employs flexible couplings in various equipment, such as concrete pumps, cranes, excavators, and drilling machines.
- Water and Wastewater: Flexible couplings are used in water treatment plants, wastewater facilities, and irrigation systems to transfer power between motors and pumps.
- Agriculture: In agricultural machinery, flexible couplings are utilized in tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems, enabling efficient power transmission and operation.
The versatility and adaptability of flexible couplings make them indispensable components in a wide range of industries, contributing to increased equipment reliability, reduced downtime, and improved overall system performance.
editor by CX 2023-10-21