Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
How do flexible couplings handle shaft misalignment in rotating equipment?
Flexible couplings are designed to handle shaft misalignment in rotating equipment, providing several key features that allow them to accommodate misalignment effectively. Here’s how they work:
- Angular Misalignment: Flexible couplings can handle angular misalignment, which occurs when the axes of the connected shafts are not perfectly aligned. The coupling’s flexible elements allow for slight angular deviation, ensuring that the torque can still be transmitted smoothly between the shafts.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the connected shafts are not perfectly in line but run parallel to each other. Flexible couplings can compensate for this misalignment by utilizing their ability to flex or slide, allowing the shafts to remain connected while maintaining rotational integrity.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment refers to the situation where the connected shafts have a slight axial displacement. Some flexible couplings have specific designs to handle axial misalignment, allowing for limited movement along the axial direction without compromising the connection between the shafts.
- Double Flexing: Certain types of flexible couplings, such as the double-flexing couplings, can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments simultaneously. These couplings use two sets of flexible elements to achieve this capability, providing a higher degree of misalignment compensation.
Overall, the flexibility of the coupling’s material and design allows it to bend, flex, or slide in response to the misalignment, reducing the stress on the connected equipment and ensuring smooth power transmission. By accommodating misalignment, flexible couplings help prevent premature wear, reduce vibration, and extend the service life of the rotating equipment.
Can flexible couplings be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns?
Flexible couplings can be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns, but the selection of the appropriate coupling is crucial to ensure reliable performance and longevity under these extreme conditions. Here are some key considerations:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials is critical when using flexible couplings in high-temperature applications. Look for couplings made from heat-resistant materials that can withstand the elevated temperatures without experiencing significant degradation. Common materials used for high-temperature couplings include stainless steel, high-temperature alloys, and certain types of elastomers designed for heat resistance.
- Lubrication: High temperatures can cause lubricants to break down or evaporate more quickly. Some flexible couplings may require specialized high-temperature lubricants to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear at elevated temperatures. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication in high-temperature environments.
- Thermal Expansion: In high-temperature applications, the equipment and shafts may experience thermal expansion, leading to misalignment. Flexible couplings with higher misalignment capabilities may be necessary to accommodate these thermal effects and prevent additional stress on the system.
- Torsional Stiffness: Consider the required torsional stiffness for the specific application. In high-temperature environments, couplings may experience changes in stiffness due to temperature variations. It is essential to choose a coupling with appropriate torsional characteristics for the intended operating temperature range.
- Application Specifics: Evaluate the specific operating conditions of the furnace or kiln, including the maximum and fluctuating temperatures, vibration levels, and potential exposure to chemicals or other harsh elements. Choose a coupling that can withstand these conditions without compromising performance or safety.
- Coupling Type: Different types of flexible couplings offer varying degrees of heat resistance and performance capabilities. For example, certain types of disc couplings or metal bellows couplings are more suitable for high-temperature environments due to their robust construction and resistance to heat.
- Regular Maintenance: In high-temperature applications, couplings may be subject to more stress and wear. Regular inspection and maintenance are essential to monitor the coupling’s condition, lubrication, and alignment to ensure it continues to function optimally in the challenging environment.
Overall, flexible couplings can be utilized in high-temperature environments, but it is vital to choose a coupling specifically designed and rated for these conditions. Working closely with coupling manufacturers and considering the specific demands of the application will help ensure that the selected coupling can handle the challenges posed by furnaces, kilns, and other high-temperature equipment, providing reliable power transmission and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of the system.
Can flexible couplings handle misalignment between shafts?
Yes, flexible couplings are specifically designed to handle misalignment between shafts in rotating machinery and mechanical systems. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including installation errors, thermal expansion, manufacturing tolerances, or shaft deflection during operation.
Flexible couplings offer the ability to compensate for different types of misalignment, including:
- Angular Misalignment: When the shafts are not collinear and have an angular offset, flexible couplings can accommodate this misalignment by flexing or twisting, allowing the two shafts to remain connected while transmitting torque smoothly.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their axes. Flexible couplings can adjust to this misalignment, ensuring that the shafts remain connected and capable of transmitting power efficiently.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also known as end float or axial displacement, refers to the relative axial movement of the two shafts. Some flexible coupling designs can accommodate axial misalignment, allowing for slight axial movements without disengaging the coupling.
The ability of flexible couplings to handle misalignment is essential in preventing premature wear and failure of the connected equipment. By compensating for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the stress on the shafts, bearings, and seals, extending the service life of these components and improving overall system reliability.
It is crucial to select the appropriate type of flexible coupling based on the specific misalignment requirements of the application. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation, and the choice depends on factors such as the magnitude and type of misalignment, the torque requirements, and the operating environment.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in handling misalignment between shafts, ensuring efficient power transmission and protecting mechanical systems from the adverse effects of misalignment. Their ability to accommodate misalignment makes them indispensable components in various industrial, automotive, aerospace, and marine applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-09